Features of health insurance
- Available to individuals and families.
- Ideal when no employer health plan is available.
- Can cover both Health & Dental insurance, or Dental Insurance only.
- Your plan is customized to fit your unique needs.
- Premium payments are treated as medical expenses under the Income Tax Act. Therefore, if you are self-employed or a small-business owner, you may receive a tax deduction for your business while your employees get a non-taxable benefit.
- Covers common medical expenses that the Government Health Insurance Plan does not (eg. dental work, prescription drugs, eyeglasses, private and semi-private hospital rooms).
Major uses of health insurance
- To provide health and/or dental insurance coverage when employer coverage is not available.
- To ensure your health and financial peace-of-mind.